You have no items in your Quote.
HCT Incipient Industrial Fire Brigade TrainingEmail to a Friend
This course is designed to educate industrial personnel who are assigned firefighting response duties as defined by NPFA 600, and to effectively recognize and safely extinguish incipient fires utilizing portable fire extinguishers and affixed hand lines.
- Understanding the OSHA and NFPA defined relationships, responsibilities, and limitations of an Incipient Industrial Fire Brigade.
- Understanding the chemistry of fire, fire behavior, and identify the early stage of a fire in which the progression has not developed beyond that which can be extinguished using either portable fire extinguishers or hand lines flowing up to 125 gpm.
- Understanding incipient firefighting equipment such as Portable Fire Extinguishers, Nozzles, Hose Lines, Piercing Rods, Portable Carts and Fixed Systems including agent application and hands-on operation.
- Understand incipient firefighting techniques and limits, utilizing applicable firefighting equipment, and including hands-on familiarization with both the techniques and equipment.
Student Performance Objectives:
- Students shall be able to pass a proficiency exam on the course content materials.
- Students shall be able to identify and be familiar with incipient firefighting devices such as portable fire extinguishers, and handline stations and operations.
Equipment and Visual Aids:
- Plant specific portable fire extinguishers and firefighting apparatus
- Television and DVD player
- Data projector and screen
- Applicable NFPA codes such as 10, 11, 15, 16, 18,18A 25, 600, 850 etc.
- IFSTA Essentials of Firefighting, Latest Edition
- IFSTA Industrial Fire Protection
|Manufacturer||Hazard Control Technologies|
|Course Title||HCT Incipient Industrial Fire Brigade Training Course|
|Course Length||5 Hours Classroom, 3 Hour Hands-On Training|
|Training Materials||Presentation Workbook, Exam|
|Max Class Size||15 Students|